Police: Manchester couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning

MANCHESTER, Mo. (KSDK) – Police confirm that the elderly couple pulled from a home in the 900 block of La Bonne Parkway Saturday afternoon died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities say they left their car running in the garage.

The man was 83 years old, and his wife was 76. Their next door neighborhood called the couple's daughter -- who called police -- after noticing that newspapers were piling up in the driveway.

"Things just weren't right. You know when you get a feeling things just aren't right?" said Joe Muccigrosso, who has lived next to the couple for almost four decades.

Police believe they passed away several days ago while sitting in their living room. Their bodies were found not far from the garage where their car was apparently left running. Police say every indication points to the fact that this is an accident.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment