By Jessica Doyle
Washington, D.C. (WUSA) - The holidays are upon us. Have you figured out who you are tipping this Christmas?
Etiquette maven Emily Post has these suggestions:
- For your nanny or au pair, consider a week to a month's worth of pay, plus a gift.
- Private nurse? A thoughtful gift is always nice.
- For your housekeeper or cleaner: a small gift or one week's worth of pay.
- For your hair stylist: a small gift or cash worth the one salon visit.
- Your mail carrier can't accept cash, but a small gift worth $20.
- Personal trainer: Gift or value of one session in cash.
- Don't forget the dog walker: Give them a gift or cash.