SHOW ME ST. LOUIS - Selling your home in the spring market? Kathy Helbig is here to explain how can sellers be smarter when selling their homes this spring. Here are a few tips to follow. You can also watch the clip above to see what she says.
1. Take your photo shoot seriously. A buyer's first impression of your home is online. If your buyers don't like what they see, you may never get them in the door.
2. Price your home on target! The buyers are knowledgeable, and they have done their homework. They have seen the other homes in their price range. You need to be aware of your competition too and don't put your head in the sand.
3. Hire an aggressive listing agent. Not all agents are created equal! Find a full-time agent that knows the ABC's of marketing.
4. Throw a buyer a bone! If you have an accepted offer, you are one of the lucky ones. You are in the driver's seat, but you still want to be in the buyer's good graces. Keep the transaction amicable throughout.
5. Learn to fail fast. If something isn't working, successful sellers have the strength to change it by making adjustments to their strategy quickly. Savvy sellers attempt to identify the problem and are proactive to correct it.