Rejoice! Downton Abbey is back this Sunday with the Season 4 premiere on PBS.
In honor of the popular show's return, USA TODAY Network lists some of the best life lessons in famous quotes from previous seasons.
1) Violet Crawley, Dowager Countess of Grantham, on the importance of optimism.
"Don't be defeatist dear, it's terribly middle class."
2) Cora Crawley, Countess of Grantham, on motherhood.
"No one ever tells you about raising daughters. You think it'll be like Little Women, and instead they're at each others' throats."
3) John Bates on looking toward the future instead of dwelling in the past.
"I miss a lot of things, but you have to keep moving, don't you."
4) Robert Crawley, Earl of Grantham, on how the improbable can become reality.
"Every mountain is unclimbable until someone climbs it. So every ship is unsinkable until it sinks."
5) Matthew Crawley on love and forgiveness.
"You've lived your life, and I've lived mine. Now it's time we live them together."
6) Violet Crawley on dealing with untimely death and mourning.
"When tragedies strike, we try to find someone to blame. And in the absence of a suitable candidate, we usually blame ourselves. You are not to blame. No one is to blame."
7) Mr. Carson on how individuals evolve over the years.
"What would be the point of living if we didn't let life change us?"
8) Lady Mary Crawley on the power of prayer.
"Dear Lord, I don't pretend to have much credit with you. I'm not even sure that you're there. But if you are, and if I've ever done anything good, I beg you to keep him safe.