NEW YORK – Jamie Foxx will be a guest on the Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon Friday night to promote The Amazing Spider-Man 2, which opens Friday, May 2.
You probably know Foxx got his start in acting on the show In Living Color, after which is career quickly started climbing. He has an Academy Award for his portrayal of Ray Charles in the film Ray, which also allowed him to show off his musical skills.
We seem to know so much about Foxx, so we dug a little deeper to find some lesser-known facts about the man who helped Kanye West's song "Gold Digger" go to No. 1 on the US Billboard Hot 100 list in 2005:
- Foxx was born Eric Marlon Bishop, but changed his name to prevent any biases.
- Standing 5'8" he's the same size as Mel Gibson, Matthew Broderick, Mark Wahlberg, and Zac Efron.
- His history as a comedian goes back to elementary school, when his second grader teacher used him as a reward if the class behaved.
- He is the second male in the history of the Academy Awards to be nominated for two acting Oscar awards in the same year for two different movies (Al Pacino was the first).
- While filming the movie Ray, he wore prosthetic eyelids.
You can catch The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon at 10:35 p.m. following NewsChannel 5 at 10 p.m.