KSDK – Legend has it that Emma Stone – the actress known for wooing Peter Parker in the new Spiderman, pretending to be promiscuous in "Easy A" and getting a "Dirty Dancing" lift from Ryan Gosling – persuaded her parents to let her move to L.A. and begin her acting career via a Madonna-backed Powerpoint presentation called "Project Hollywood."
Since then, she's distinguished herself as one of the funniest and most real actresses in Hollywood. Tonight, she'll appear on the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (that's at 10:30 p.m. right here on NewsChannel 5).
She's sure to keep it real this evening, and here are 12 quotes from the past where she said some pretty awesome stuff.
1. "You're only human. You live once and life is wonderful, so eat the red velvet cupcake."
2. "I won't make a bucket list because I'm so afraid that I'll die and then people will find my bucket list and be, like, "Oh, she didn't get to do that."
3. "I get a lot of questions about hair color. People are very into talking about hair."
4. "There's this Ryan Gosling quote that I steal all the time - I watched an interview with him in Cannes - and he said picking roles is like listening to songs on the radio: There can be a lot of really great songs in a row, but then one comes on that just makes you want to dance."
5. "Confidence is the only key. I know a lot of people who aren't traditionally 'beautiful' - not symmetrical or perfect-bodied or perfect-skinned. But none of that matters because all that shines through is their confidence, humor and comfort with themselves. I can't think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself."
6. "Blondes do have more fun. But sometimes I look in the mirror and still feel like I'm wearing a wig."
7. "My life is PG-13 sometimes, and I really want Josh Groban to propose to me, and he just won't do it."
8. "I used to spray tan a lot when I was a teenager. The last time I got spray-tanned was for the Golden Globes. And I was like, 'I love spray-tanning so much.' I still really like it. But it definitely makes me look like I have leprosy, after a point."
9. "I just live my life how I live as a person. I certainly am not, like, a saint or an angel by any means. I'm not anything like that. But I live just how I live. I mean, I have a little paranoia, but that's about it. I think women should wear whatever makeup they want for themselves. Makeup should be fun."
10. 'Yes, you should be healthy and take care of yourself, but growing up, I've seen people who have horrible issues with food. I like to look like a person. It drives me crazy when you see women in movies playing teachers, and they have biceps. It totally takes me out of the movie. I start thinking, Wow, that actress playing this part really looks great!"
11. 'Often, joking for me is a way of diffusing the awkwardness of a situation, so it's kind of exhilarating to be a part of projects where there's nothing funny or lighthearted."
12. "I'm not one of those shoppers where I go to a store and I'm like, trying it on, I'm not sure, 'Oh, can you put this on hold?' No. It's either love it or hate it. And it's the same way with scripts. I usually know within the first 10 pages. If I don't latch into it by then, then it's not going to happen."