St. Louis (KSDK) -- The Missouri sales tax holiday weekend starts Friday and runs through Sunday.
The Better Business Bureau urges consumers to check on which items are eligible before heading out to shop. In general, they are:
• Clothing: any article having a taxable value of $100 or less.
• School supplies, not to exceed $50 per purchase.
• Computer software with a taxable value of $350 or less.
• Personal computers valued at $3,500 or less.
• Computer peripherals valued at $3,500 or less.
A complete list of eligible items is available on the Department of Revenue website.
The sales tax holiday also applies to online purchases or items that ar ordered but not delivered during the tax holiday period, as long as payment is made within that period. The payment must be made in full during the sales tax holiday period.
Illinois will not have the tax holiday this year.