LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

Webster Groves, MO (KSDK) - An electrical transformer started emitting smoke at a building on Webster University campus Tuesday morning, forcing a temporary building evacuation.

According to Susan Kerth, a university spokeswoman, the faulty transformerwas assessed and will be repaired after business hours.

Kerth saidthe transformer at the University Center began smoking around 8:55 a.m.

The building was evacuated as a precaution and all scheduled events at the University Center were cancelled until the situation was resolved.

Electricity for the building was temporarily rerouted so that it could re-open and its occupants could continue on with their day.

The Webster Groves Fire Department and AmerenUE are investigating the incident, Kerth said.

No one was injured or in any danger.

Read or Share this story: http://on.ksdk.com/1gtKHKM