Chris Chase, USA TODAY Sports
What did one successful blowhard say to the other?
"I'm better at life at than you."
Seattle Seahawks All-Pro cornerback Richard Sherman was a master troll on ESPN's daily troll-fest, First Take, ripping Skip Bayless after everyone's favorite host tried to goad him into saying he's better than Darrelle Revis. Sherman spends four minutes blasting Bayless, calling him ignorant, pompous and worthless.
The whole thing comes off as contrived as the show usually is, but unlike normal segments on First Take, it's watchable. I highly recommend all four minutes.
The money quotes from Sherman:
• "Whenever you refer to me, whenever you speak to me, whenever you address me, address me as All-Pro Stanford graduate beacuse those are some accomplishments you will aspire to but never accomplish. You have never accomplished anything."
• "I think you think more of yourself than you can prove."
• "In my 24 years of life, I'm better at life than you."
• "I'm intelligent enough and capable enough to understand that you are ignorant, pompous, egotistical, cretin. I'm going to crush you on here because I'm tired of hearing about it."
• "I'm tired of your ignorant pollution."
It's fun to watch, even if highlighting it accomplishes the sole mission of First Take: Make headlines.
Even when he loses, Skip Bayless wins, again.