SHARECOMMENTMORE

CAHOKIA, Ill. (KSDK) - A fire has caused a lot of black smoke to billow into the air in Cahokia.

Marty's Salvage Yard caught fire around 2:30 p.m. Monday in the 2000 block of Camp Jackson. Hazmat and environmental crews are now on the scene.

PHOTOS:Salvage yard catches fire

A nearby gas station was told to shut down in case of a possible spark.

The Assistant Fire Chief in Cahokia, Stephen Robbins says there were two minor injuries. Including a salvage yard worker and a firefighter with smoke inhalation.

"Reports are somebody was using a cutting torch and the sparks from that cutting torch ignited the tires," says Robbins.