MARYLAND HEIGHTS, Mo. (KSDK) - Here is the recipe from our two breakfast chefs: Firefighter paramedic Jonathan Rickey and Firefighter paramedic Greg Meyer of the Maryland Heights Fire Department.
Engine Company Casserole
1 pkg. (26-32 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Hearty Original Sausage Crumbles
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped fresh tomato
6 green onions, sliced
1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Layer half of the potatoes on the bottom of slow cooker.
2. Top with half of the sausage, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, tomatoes and green onion. Repeat layering.
3. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in large bowl with a wire whisk until well blended.
4. Pour evenly over potato-sausage mixture.
5. Cook on low setting for 8 hours or on high setting for 4 hours or until eggs are set.
6. Serve as is, or on a tortilla with salsa and cheese.