(KSDK) -- Before you know it, there will be a chill in the air, the leaves will be turning and you'll want to start making comfort food.
Colleen Thompson owns Colleen's Cookies in Clayton. She stopped by Today In St. Louis and showed us how to make a green chili stew.
Green Chili Stew Recipe:
1.5 lb. ground beef
2 minced garlic cloves
2 large diced onion
1 tsp dried oregano
Salt & pepper
1 large diced tomato
3 cups water
2 cans diced green chili
1 can beans with Mexican sauce
1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1. Brown the onion, garlic, & ground meat.
2. Add oregano, salt, & pepper, tomatoes, green chili, water, & beans.
3. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. While simmering, make a roux by melting the butter then slowly add the flour to create a smooth mixture.
5. Add to stew to thicken and cook approximately 10 minutes more. Serve warm with tortillas or jalapeño cornbread.