ST. ANN, Mo. (KSDK) - A man and his dog died Monday afternoon in a St. Ann house fire.
Chief Tom Kreitler with the St. Ann Fire Department says firefighters were called to a home in the 3200 block of Krem around 12:30 p.m.
When firefighters made their way inside the home, they found the man and his dog deceased from smoke inhalation.
Chief Kreitler says the fire started in the living room. They believe the man fell asleep with a cigarette, which ignited the couch. Firefighters previously believed the man's oxygen tank exploded, but Chief Kreitler says the tank has been removed from the home in one piece and did not explode.
The man is described as in his 50s and disabled. His name will not be released until family is notified.