ST. LOUIS - August is one of the few months where there are more mark-ups than actual deals, so our money man, Matt Granite, is here to tell you about some of the best and worst buys of the month.
August is filled with more bad than good when it comes to purchases, so we want to prevent you from making a bad buy.
- Point-and-shoot cameras: Prices skyrocket in back-to-school season, and a lot of students just want them to take back to college. There are no savings.
- Bluetooth speakers: Prices also go up considerably during back-to-school season, but there will be price drops in September.
- Indoor appliances: There are very few reductions during the month of August.
- Fall clothing: Prices on this will drop later. Right now it's too early.
- Labor Day travel: It's too late.
- TVs: It's not the time.
- Laptops and phone plans: These drop to help students with back-to-school savings.
If you have a money-saving request, tweet Matt Granite at @MattGranite. He'll continue to tweet the biggest savings, deals, and coupons.