St. Louis, MO (KSDK) - A fire that investigators believe started in a stove inside a north St. Louis home forced the rescue of two people from the smoky residence.

Firefighters arrived on the scene around 2:30 a.m. Thursday at the home in the 4300 block of Marcus Avenue. When they made entry, the home was already filled with smoke.

Two people inside the home were helped outside by St. Louis firefighters. One of the two residents was later taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Although the stove appears to be the likely culprit for the fire, the investigation will continue.