SHARECOMMENTMORE

UNIVERSITY CITY, Mo. (KSDK) – The man killed in a house fire Tuesday has been identified as 50-year-old Wardie Neely.

Autoplay
Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

He was pulled from a home in the 6700 block of Plymouth Tuesday afternoon and later died in the hospital. The fire was caused by a space heater that was placed too close to a chair and some drapes, authorities say.

PREVIOUS STORY: Man dies after being pulled from University City house fire

Neely was the only one inside the home. His father was outside doing yardwork when the fire started.

No additional information was immediately available.