GLASGOW VILLAGE, Mo. - A 9-year-old in Glasgow Village is being called a hero because the Highland Elementary School third grader was in the right place at the right time.
Reporter: "Do you think you're a hero for what you did?
"Yes," said Jesse Dixon.
Reporter: "And why is that?"
"'Cause I saved my uncle's life and my house," said Jesse.
Jesse was presented with an award for his "quick actions to save a life" from the Riverview fire chief.
On Monday, Jesse came home from school and smelled smoke. He ran back to school and had someone call 911. He told authorities that his uncle had been home.
When firefighters knocked down the door, they found his uncle asleep inside. Firefighters say the uncle had been cooking and left the stove unattended. He wasn't hurt and Jesse is now being called a hero for what he did.