5 5 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ST. LOUIS COUNTY (KSDK) – A restaurant employee received minor injuries after a small natural gas blast occurred in Rock Hill Tuesday morning.

The explosion happened shortly after 10 a.m. at Farotto's, which is located in the 9500 block of Manchester.

Farotto's employees were in the process of relighting the oven pilots when natural gas ignited and caused a small blast, according to Rock Hill Fire Department spokesman.

One of the employees received facial injuries and elected to take himself to the hospital for treatment.

Rock Hills, Brentwood, Glendale and Kirkwood fire departments are responding to the scene.

No restaurant damage was found, and the restaurant is expected to open as normal.

Read or Share this story: http://on.ksdk.com/1eBRvjY