9 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

PACIFIC, Mo. – Authorities believe they know what caused a foam explosion at a lab in Pacific, Mo. Wednesday night.

Pacific Fire Chief Scott Friedman says workers were doing testing in a fire containment booth at Clayton Corporation, which caused a flash fire and explosion. He says the fire may have been ignited by static electricity.

The victim, identified only as a female, is recovering from first-degree burns and has been released from Mercy Hospital.

There was minor damage to the fire containment booth.

Read or Share this story: http://on.ksdk.com/1ex7jTh