1 10 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ST. LOUIS – A fire started on the second floor of a home in the 5900 block of Ridge in north St. Louis Friday. A mother and her daughter were in the home at the time, but the smoke alarms gave them enough warning to get out.

The home has damage in two rooms and water damage on the lower floor, but nobody was injured.

The St. Louis Fire Department had previously installed the smoke detector that saved their life for free.

If you would like a free smoke detector, contact the St. Louis Fire Department's public education officer at 314-289-1905.

Read or Share this story: http://on.ksdk.com/1jMhOcc