10 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ST. PETERS, Mo. – Two people were injured Thursday afternoon in a St. Peters apartment fire.

The two-alarm fire started around 4:30 p.m. at the Sun River Village Apartments. Two people were injured. One of those injuries is critical.

Authorities determined the cause of the fire was unintentional and caused by a candle.

Firefighters continued the fire to the bedroom or origin and only one family was not able to return to their apartment due to smoke damage, according to authorities.

Read or Share this story: http://on.ksdk.com/1gVmeZS