LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (KSHB) - A 105-year-old Kansas woman is recovering after her house caught fire early Tuesday morning.

Ann Elizabeth Jarrett's nephew, who lives next door to her home in Tonganoxie, woke up to the smell of smoke around 4:30 a.m. and called firefighters.

Jackson Jarrett says he entered the house through a window after hearing his aunt's screams and finding the heat and smoke at the front door to difficult to pass through.

He managed to carry her out to safety.

She then asked him to go back in for her "dentures and Bible".

Read more at KSHB.com.

Read or Share this story: http://on.ksdk.com/1gnH7Tb