ST. LOUIS – The new Tower Grove interchange along Interstate 64 will open Friday.
The Missouri Department of Transportation started the $17.9 million project in early 2013.
- Replaced Taylor, Newstead, Tower Grove, and Boyle overpasses.
- Constructed a new Tower Grove/Boyle interchange.
- Built two new ramps at Tower Grove and Boyle.
- Built a roundabout south of Tower Grove and I-64.
- Installed signals at Boyle's westbound entrance and exit ramps.
- Installed signals at the intersection of Boyle and Papin.
- Realigned and installed signals along Clayton Avenue at Tower Grove and Boyle.
- Built new pavement between Kingshighway and Newstead.
- Resurfaced I-64 between Newstead and Sarah.
Crews will continue to perform minor work on roadways and sidewalks in the area. That work will be complete by the end of the year.
An exact time for the opening has not been disclosed.