Evans, the Billikens' active leading scorer with 1,231 career points, became the 28th player in SLU's 1,000-point club last year in the NCAA Tournament win against New Mexico State.
(KSDK Sports) -- Saint Louis, a winner of its last five, searches for its fourth non-conference road win Monday when it travels to Nashville, Tenn., to face Vanderbilt. Tip time from Memorial Gymnasium is scheduled for 8 p.m. (CT). The game will be televised on ESPNU.
• Saint Louis has won five in a row and enter Monday's game at Vanderbilt with an 11-2 record. During the streak, SLU has won by an average of 16 ppg.
• Dwayne Evans was named the Atlantic 10 Conference's Player of the Week Dec. 22. He averaged 23.0 ppg and 10.0 rpg last week as the Billikens knocked off Indiana State and North Carolina A&T.
• In SLU's last outing, Dwayne Evans posted the 20th double-double (22 points and 13 rebounds) of his career in a 79-57 victory against North Carolina A&T.
• Five Billikens average 8.0 ppg or more. Senior forward Dwayne Evans (15.9 ppg) and senior guard Jordair Jett (10.7) lead the way for SLU. Senior guard Mike McCall Jr. and senior forward Rob Loe contribute 9.7 ppg apiece. Sophomore guard Austin McBroom averages 8.2 ppg.
• Junior forward Grandy Glaze is SLU's top rebounder with 6.8 rpg. He also scores 5.6 ppg. Dwayne Evans is second on the squad with 5.9 rpg.
• Senior guard Jordair Jett is fourth in the A-10 with 4.6 assists per game and 12th in the league with 1.46 steals per contest. Senior guard Mike McCall Jr. is tied for 10th in the A-10 with 1.54 steals per game.
• The Billikens lead the A-10 and are fourth nationally in scoring defense, yielding 58.4 ppg. SLU is second in the A-10 in field goal percentage defense (.393) and first (fourth in nation) in 3-point field goal percentage defense (.253). The Billikens are also first in the A-10 in scoring margin (+13.8) and second in assist-turnover ratio (+1.3).
• Saint Louis, which has advanced to back-to-back NCAA Tournaments, is the reigning Atlantic 10 Conference champion. The Billikens captured the 2012-13 A-10 regular-season title outright, then claimed the A-10 Championship at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. SLU was picked to finish second in the A-10 preseason poll. Dwayne Evans was a first-team preseason All-Conference selection, while Jordair Jett was voted to the third team and preseason All-Defensive team.
• Next up, the Billikens host Yale (5-6) at Chaifetz Arena on Saturday, Jan. 4, at 4:30 p.m.
• Dwayne Evans and Mike McCall Jr. are two of 29 Billikens who have scored 1,000 or more points in their careers.
• Evans, the Billikens' active leading scorer with 1,231 career points, became the 28th player in SLU's 1,000-point club last year in the NCAA Tournament win against New Mexico State.
• McCall Jr. entered "the club" in the North Carolina A&T game with a free throw. He now has 1,004 career points.
• Jordair Jett needs 96 points to reach 1,000 for his career.
• Saint Louis' senior class has the chance to go down as the winningest class in school history. Currently, the group has 77 victories. The Billikens need to post 24 victories this season to better the four-year class of Cory Remekun and Cody Ellis, who had 89 wins in their careers from 2009-10 to 2012-13.
• The all-time winningest player in school history is Kwamain Mitchell. He was a part of 95 victories in his career from 2008-09 to 2009-10, and 2011-12 to 2012-13.
• Saint Louis is 3-0 so far this season in non-conference road games.
• That is SLU's best start in non-conference road tilts since 1993-94, when the Billikens went 4-0 with wins at SMU, Creighton, Murray State and UMKC.
• Prior to this year, the Billikens had gone 1-15 in non-conference road tilts in the regular season since the 2007-08 campaign.