ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Rams kickoff the new season against the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday.
Whether you're going to the Edward Jones Dome or watching at a friend's house, we can all agree on one thing: You want to sound like you know a thing or two. So, in our ongoing effort to make you look smarter and sharper, we give you 5 Things to Know About the Vikings!
1. Adrian Peterson, running back, No. 28. In his last visit here, Peterson broke off an 82-yard touchdown run. And he's predicting he'll do it again on Sunday! On his first carry! Sort of. Last year, Peterson predicted he'd score a TD on his first run against the Detroit Lions, sort of jokingly. But it happened.
"I'll say it again," Peterson said Thursday. "Hopefully it'll work out the same way."
2. Beware the kicker! Blair Walsh for the Vikings, he routinely kicks FG's longer than 50 yards. He holds the Vikings record with a 56 yarder.
3. Meet the QB (for now) Matt Cassel is number 16. Cassel's kind of a career back up, Vikings fans expect him to become second stringer by the end of the year. The Vikings drafted QB Teddy Bridgewater from Louisville in the first round in the NFL draft. Some predict Bridgewater will be the Vikings starter by Columbus Day (early October y'all).
4. The Viking ship has a new captain. The Vikings went 5-11 last year. Mike Zimmer is the new coach, a no-nonsense leader known to wear his emotions on his sleeves.
5. The last time Rams beat Vikings here? Let's jump into the way back machine! The last time the Rams beat the Vikings in St. Louis, November 2003 Rams won 48-17.
Hall of Famers Marshall Faulk and Aeneas Williams combining for four touchdowns. One of the top TV shows back then? "Joe Millionaire" on FOX. One of the top movies from November 2003: "Cat in the Hat" starring Mike Meyers. Yikes. Let's jump OUT of the way back machine!