(KSDK) – The Sochi Winter Olympic games are underway, and we're helping you keep an eye on the ones to watch, medal contenders and record setters.
Each day, we'll give you a rundown of who's competing in what and where you can find them.
- Men's hockey finally takes the ice Thursday with USA facing Slovakia. Three St. Louis Blues players -- David Backes, T.J. Oshie and Kevin Shattenkirk – are on the team, and fans will look for them to take the ice in the matchup. The USA team will try to earn another medal after getting silver in the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics. Watch live on NBC Sports Network at 6:30 a.m.
- American Noelle Pikus-Pace will lead the field in women's skeleton competition. Pikus-Pace retired from the sport after the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, and she has won a total of six medals, including four golds in the sport. She looks to beat out Britain's Lizzie Yarnold for the top spot. Watch at 4:30 a.m. on NBC Sports Network or at 7 p.m. on NBC.
- Tim Burke hopes to bring home the first medal in biathlon for USA. The New York native will go for the gold in the men's biathlon-20km gold medal final. Watch the biathlon at 2 p.m. on NBC.
- Speedskater Aly Dudek will attempt to bring home a medal in speed skating for the United States Thursday in the women's 1,000-meter competition. She won bronze in the Vancouver Olympics and hopes to improve to the top of the podium. Watch at 7 p.m. on NBC.
- A teenager leads the United States in the premiere of men's freestyle skiing-slopestyle competition. Most recently, Nick Goepper won the gold medal in the X Games for the event this year. Watch at 7 p.m. on NBC
- YouTube sensation and U.S. skater Jason Brown will take the ice in men's figure skating – short program Thursday night. He wowed the crowd in the U.S. National Championships in Boston with his routines, but he'll be in a deep field with 31-year-old and five-time Olympic medalist Evgeni Plushenko. Watch live at 9 a.m. on NBC Sports Network and at 7 p.m. on NBC.