(KSDK) - The Sochi Winter Olympic games are underway, and we're helping you keep an eye on the ones to watch, medal contenders and record setters.
Each day, we'll give you a rundown of who's competing in what and where you can find them.
RELATED: Plan your Olympic viewing
- American Julia Mancuso will challenge for her third Olympic medal in the women's alpine skiing – giant slalom, but her teammate 18-year-old Mikaela Shiffrin is also a favorite to medal in the event. Mancuso received the bronze medal in the women's super-combined. Watch on NBC at 7 p.m.
- The 2013 world champion in men's freestyle skiing – halpipe will compete on the world's biggest stage in its Olympic debut. David Wise is a favorite to medal in the event as well as 18-year-old Torin Yater-Wallace. Watch on NBC at 7 p.m.
- One of the most popular athletes of this Olympic and past summer games gets started in her medal quest Tuesday. Lolo Jones along with her partner Jazmine Fenlator will compete in the women's bobsled. Jones is well known for her track and field abilities, but looks for an Olympic medal in the Sochi Winter games. Watch on NBC at 7 p.m.
- American Emily Scott will try and bring a medal home in speedskating as she competes in the women's short track – 1,000 meters. The Americans have not yet won a medal in the event for these games, despite previous success of four medals in 2010. Watch on NBC at midnight.
- Reigning Olympic champion Bill Demong will attempt to hold on to his title in the men's Nordic combined – individual K-125 large hill competition Tuesday. Watch on NBCSN at 9 a.m. and NBC at 2 p.m.