RIO DE JANEIRO (KSDK) - Here are the top 10 moments from the first round of group stage games at the 2014 World Cup. The tournament has been exciting and full of goals... seriously.
Through the first 16 games, there have been 49 goals! That is a 3.06 goals per game rate and that is the highest since 1958. These moments include some of the best goals, some controversial moments and one stalemate.
10. Nigeria and Iran's contest in Group F was the first draw of the World Cup, after 12 matches
9. Costa Rica upsets Group D favorite Uruguay, 3-1
8. Marcelo's own goal opens the scoring at the 2014 World Cup in a game against Croatia in Group A
7.Clint Dempsey scores the fastest ever U.S. World Cup goal -- timed at 30 seconds -- in a Group G contest against Ghana
6. France beats Honduras 3-0 in Group E, to earn Les Bleus its first World Cup win since the 2006 semifinal
5. Côte d'Ivoire scores two goals in two minutes to beat Japan 2-1 in Group C
4. The Netherlands defeat 2010 World Cup Champions Spain in a 5-1 in Group B
3. Portugal's Pepe receives the 2014 World Cup's first red card for headbutting Germany's Thomas Müller
2. Switzerland's Haris Seferovic scores the game-winning goal in the 93rd minute in a 2-1 win over Ecuador in Group E
1. The United States' John Brooks scores the game-winning goal in the 86th minute in a 2-1 win over Ghana in Group G