KIMMSWICK, Mo. — The Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery in Kimswick will be closed until further notice amid concerns over the coronavirus.
Editor's note: the above video is from a previous story on the Blue Owl Restaurant & Bakery
The restaurant closed its doors Wednesday afternoon.
“Looking forward to our reopening in the near future to continue celebrating our 35th Anniversary in Historic Kimswick!” the owner, Mary Hostetter, said in a statement.
Mayor of Kimswick, Philip Stang, said the tourist town has been through hard times before with flooding and now with the coronavirus.
“The Blue Owl is a famous restaurant that Mary has had opened for more than 30 years. This hurts. After the flooding we've experienced and now this...” he said. “This is hard. We'll get through this together!”
For updates on The Blue Owl, you can visit its Facebook page.
More Coronavirus Coverage
- Jobless claims jump by 70,000 as virus starts to take hold
- Coronavirus latest | How you can help from the comfort of your couch
- Mercy opening drive-thru COVID-19 test collection site
- Ameren Missouri donates $1M to customers amid coronavirus pandemic
- Local hospitals change visitor policies due to coronavirus concerns
- Everything we know about coronavirus in the St. Louis area
- List of things closed, canceled in St. Louis area due to coronavirus concerns
- List of stores in St. Louis with designated shopping times for customers 60 and older