ST. LOUIS — Asian cucumber salad
- 2 large english cucumbers (about 1 1/2 pounds), sliced thin
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon local organic honey
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- Dash cayenne
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil (do not skip!)
- 2 tablespoons canola or olive oil
- 2 scallion stalks, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Thinly slice cucumbers and set aside.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients. Toss with the cucumbers. Chill until ready to serve.