ST. LOUIS —
Butterscotch Birds Nests
These butterscotch birds nests are such a simple, fun, and colorful treat to make with kids. Crunchy chow mein noodles are coated with melted butterscotch and chocolate chips with some peanut butter. Mini eggs and peeps decorate them.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Setting Time 1 hour
1 bag butterscotch chips (11 ounce bag)
1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 bag chow mein noodles (12 oz) or broken up thin pretzel sticks
1 bag mini chocolate eggs
12 peeps optional
In a large and microwave safe bowl, melt butterscotch and chocolate chips for one minute. Then stir and microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir until smooth. Do not overheat!
2. Then Add one cup of creamy peanut butter to the melted chips and mix well.
3. Add Chow Mein Noodles and coat thoroughly.
4. Scoop out even dollops onto wax or parchment paper so you get 12. OR butter/spray up 12 muffin tins and scoop inside.
5. Use fingers to push middle down to form nests.
6. Allow nests to cool for about 1-2 hours at room temperature, until set.
7. Then peel of wax paper and remove to a plates. OR use a knife to loosen nests from the muffin tins. Place 3-4 mini chocolate eggs and a peep inside of each nest.