ST. LOUIS — Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries
-Confections by Libby
16 oz fresh whole strawberries
1 ½ cups good quality milk, dark or white chocolate chips (9 oz)
1. Wash strawberries thoroughly. Dry carefully by patting gently with paper towels.
2. Place chocolate chips into small, microwaveable bowl with tall sides.
3. Heat bowl in the microwave on High for 30 seconds. Remove bowl; stir chips with spoon. Return bowl to microwave; and continue to microwave on High for an additional 30 seconds; stir. Repeat just until chocolate is melted.
4. Working with one strawberry at a time, dip into the melted chocolate by holding the stem between your fingers.
5. Slowly pull the strawberry from the chocolate (allowing excess chocolate to run off); place on a piece of parchment paper to dry.
6. Immediately decorate the chocolate-covered strawberry with your favorite sprinkles.
7. Allow the chocolate to cool and harden at room temperature. Serve immediately or store tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.