ST. LOUIS — Ingredients
- 6 C water
- 1/4 cup miso paste (yellow is mild, red is a little more robust)
- 2 sheets of nori, torn to very small pieces
- 6-8 leaves Swiss chard, cup into thin ribbons
- 4 green onion, sliced thin
- 1 C shredded carrots
- 12 oz extra firm tofu, drained, extra water squeezed out and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 3/4 cup dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2-3 ounces of brown rice noodles, cooked per package instructions and set aside
- In a large sauce pan, bring the water to a boil and then down to a simmer. Scoop out about 1 1/2 cups of hot water to a bowl and add in the miso and the nori. Whisk until the miso is well incorporated and there are no clumps. Add this back to the large hot pot of water and gently stir.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!