Prioritized Pastries Sprinkle Bars
Yield: 16 Bars
What you’ll need:
• White cake batter (you can use a box mix, or your favorite recipe! A link to ours is found below)
• 2 cups Rainbow Sprinkles
• 1 pint Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (store bought, or make your own!)
• 1 Half Sheet Pan, greased and lined with parchment
Preheat oven to 350*
• Prepare cake batter according to directions
• Once batter is prepared mix in 1/2c Rainbow Sprinkles. Mix thoroughly until colors start to “bleed”
• Spread sprinkle batter onto sheet pan using an off-set spatula to smooth batter evenly in pan.
• Add generous amount of sprinkles to top of batter (roughly 1/2 c)
• Bake at 350* for 24 minutes, rotating pan halfway through.
• Pull and cool completely. (Cake is ready when it begins pulling away from the sides of pan)
While cake is cooling:
• Prepare frosting (make from scratch, or using store bought)
• Whip using hand or stand mixer with whisk attachment approximately 10 minutes
• Load into piping bags
• Once cake is completely cooled:
• Invert cake onto cutting board, or back of another pan.
• Cut in half
• Place one half on top of the other, Sprinkle sides up, and portion into 16 bars.
• Using piping bags, fill each bar with frosting, pressing down using just enough pressure to squeeze some frosting out of the sides.
• Using an off-set spatula (or butter knife, or whatever is handy) spread excess frosting over sides of bars
• Press each side of bar into reserved sprinkles
• Repeat with each bar
• Garnish with dollop of frosting on top and a few more sprinkles.
For cake batter and frosting, we love this recipe from the Minimalist Baker: