ST. LOUIS — Roasted Garlic Hummus
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 head garlic
- 1 19-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- Juice of half a lemon
- ¼ to ½ cup olive oil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash cumin
- ½ tsp Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove the loose papery outside skin from the garlic head without separating the cloves. Slice off the top ½ inch. Wrap in a small square of foil and roast until the garlic is very soft, about 40 minutes.
- Unwrap and cool slightly. Separate the cloves and peel.
- Puree the garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, cayenne, cumin, salt in a food processor..
- Transfer to a small serving bowl, garnish with a sprig of parsley and a sprinkling of paprika. Serve with vegetables and pita chips!