WENTZVILLE, Mo. — Taylor Emery is a whirlwind of creativity. As soon as she started throwing clay in college, she caught the bug for making pottery.
She doesn’t want you to look at art – she wants you to drink from art. Emery started selling coffee mugs when she was a junior in college. She runs her business Clay by Tay out of her basement in Wentzville, MO. She’s known for pop culture-inspired coffee mugs.
Emery makes the decals that she puts on her mugs, which adds a couple extra steps. The way she goes through the process ensures that the mugs are dishwasher safe and the decal won’t wear off.
“Don’t quit your daydream. That’s what I’m doing,” said Emery.
More From Show Me St. Louis
- RELATED: Sneak peek of Olive + Oak's new location
- RELATED: City Museum to offer guided tours
- RELATED: This pop-up game bar in The Grove is like an adult playground
- RELATED: Local book by students at Wilkinson Early Childhood Center endorsed by LeBron James
- RELATED: Newly renovated rental house in Historic St. Charles looks like something you’d see on HGTV