FORT LEONARD WOOD, Mo. — The Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri donated thousands of boxes of cookies to the USO of Missouri.
The USO posted about it on Facebook last week.
USO volunteers and staff handed out more than 500 boxes of cookies to service members at U.S. Army Fort Leonard Wood.
“Thank you to all the USO volunteers and staff who helped make this happen and we will continue to safely surprise units throughout Fort Leonard Wood as we can!” the USO wrote.
The USO said the Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri have collected more than 89,000 boxes of cookies for the USO.
“These treats are helping make the difference in the lives of so many! Thank you!”
More Local News
- GiftAMeal helps raise $20K for coronavirus hunger relief
- McDonald's workers in St. Louis go on strike over unsafe conditions, lost hours, pay cuts
- Amazon to ink deal for more space in St. Louis
- 'A hero lives here' | Paramedic creates yard signs to support coworkers during COVID-19
- Young mother battling COVID-19: 'I would have not left my house if I knew how miserable this was'
- 'I just feel very fortunate' | 5 family members recovering after testing positive for COVID-19