SPARTA, Ill — An Illinois teen recently made a prom dress out of duct tape that tells the story of the coronavirus pandemic.
She even made a duct tape purse, earrings, necklace and mask to match the dress.
The story of Peyton Manker's coronavirus dress went viral and several news outlets shared her creation.
She also entered her dress into Duck Tape’s yearly prom dress competition. Voting began on June 29 and on July 6, it was announced that she made it into the top 10.
The first-place winner of the contest will receive a $10,000 scholarship.
To vote for her coronavirus dress, click here.
More Feature Stories
- Vintage KSDK: A look back at 1966 MLB All-Star Game at Busch Stadium
- Chris 'Mac' McKenzie turned his love of quality meat into one of St. Louis' best burgers
- ‘He not only took care of us, but we won a friend’ | Police officer buys elderly couple new mailbox after theirs was ruined
- Where you can see a field of sunflowers in the St. Louis area
- Missouri's first food truck garden officially opens