ST. LOUIS — Five Illinois cities and two Missouri cities made Business Insider’s list of 30 best American cities to live in after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business Insider reported that recent polling suggested many Americans are thinking about moving. It cited a story from Axios that reported on a Harris Poll survey that found about one-third of Americans said they are thinking about moving to less densely populated areas.
Business Insider also cited research from Moody’s Analytics that found less densely populated places with a larger share of jobs requiring a bachelor’s degree or higher were likely to recover first from the economic impact of the pandemic.
Three Illinois cities made it into the top 10 – Springfield, Champaign and Bloomington with Springfield taking the No. 1 spot on the list. Both Missouri cities also made it into the top 10 – Jefferson City at No. 2 and Columbia at No. 10.
Peoria came in at No. 28 and Danville at No. 30.
Click here to see the full list.
- Cheers, St. Louis! We have the best beer scene again
- Food Network names one of St. Louis’ bakeries among the best in America
- 2 St. Louis restaurants make Food Network’s ‘best fried chicken sandwiches in America’ list
- St. Louis named best travel destination for families in 2020
- St. Louis makes Forbes list of 25 places in U.S. to visit in 2020