ST. LOUIS — 2 tablespoon olive oil
1 whole red or orange pepper (sliced)
1/2 red onion (sliced)
1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
3/4 cup lite coconut milk
3/4 cup roasted raw cashews (soaked in water overnight)
2 1/2 cups cubed butternut squash
1 cup broth
1/4 cup of water from the pasta (save more if you want)
3 cloves of garlic
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp pepper
Salt to taste
1. Cube and peel butternut squash. Place cut squash in the oven for 30-40 min on 400 until a fork goes through it with ease.
2.Add oil to sauté pan and caramelize onions and peppers.
3. Boil water for pasta and cook pasta to al dente (8-10 min depending on pasta size and shape).
4. Put the remaining ingredients including onions and peppers (not the pasta) in the Vitamix and blend.
5. Strain pasta and save 1/4 cup of water to add to sauce. Add more water if it’s too thick!
6. Pour cheese sauce over hot fresh noodles and serve!
7. Add sriracha for a bit of spicy deliciousness.