ST. LOUIS — Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Chilling time 4 hours
Total Time 5 hours 20 minutes
25 whole chocolate sandwich cookies like Oreos
¼ cup chopped candy bars like Reeses, Snickers, Milky Way, York, etc.
5 tablespoons butter melted
32 ounces full fat cream cheese room temperature
2/3 cup sour cream, full fat
1 cup granulated sugar room temperature
4 large eggs lightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped candy bars (use same as in crust)
4 ounces semi sweet chocolate chopped
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Spray a 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray.
3. Use a food processor to make crumbs out of the sandwich cookies. Add chopped chocolate candy bars and pulse until combined.
4. Pour over melted butter and combine.
5. Press crust into bottom and halfway up sides of pan.
6. Bake 10 minutes.Then remove from oven and set aside. Once pan is cool, double wrap with heavy duty foil.
*use all room temperature ingredients!
1. Lower oven to 325 degrees Put a kettle to boil water for water bath.
2. Use a hand mixer to mix the softened cream cheese on medium low heat until smooth and no lumps remain. Then add sugar and beat another minute until it is fluffy and smooth
3.Scrape bowl and add the sour cream.Beat again until fully smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla with a fork.
5. Then gradually add eggs to batter and beat on low speed . *Do not over mix or the cheesecake will crack!
6. .Add the chopped candy. Give a final and gentle mix.
7. Then pour over crust. Smooth top, bang gently on counter to settle it, then set pan into a large roasting dish.
8. Place in oven. Pull out the oven rack and pour water into the bottom of roasting dish, 3 inches deep. Push rack back in. (Pouring water into pan once it’s in oven prevents water from sloshing into foil or on cheesecake.)
9. Bake for 60-70 minutes until outer edge is set but center is still a bit wobbly.
10. Take out of oven and allow to sit in water bath for 30 minutes.
11. Then carefully take out of water bath. Peel foil off and place on cooking rack.
12. Then cool to room temperature. Run a knife along the inside of pan to loosen the cheesecake.
13. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
14. Once cool, remove from springform pan.
15. Make ganache by putting finely chopped chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Then heat cream in saucepan. Pour cream over chocolate. Then whisk it gently until smooth. Transfer to piping bag.
16. Then make a swirl, starting in center, with white chocolate and swirl to edges. Take a toothpick and drag from center to outer edge. Repeat a few more times to create the spiderweb.
17. Cool until read to serve.