ST. LOUIS — Event: 2nd Annual Soul Vegan Thanksliving
Where: 3354 Iowa Avenue, St. Louis, Mo 63108
Time: From 4pm-7pm
During the event, Keynote Speaker Jasmine C Leyva will speak and also have a Q & A along with a five minute screening of her latest film "The Invisible Vegan" Raffles and Giveaways, local vegan and plant-based vendors, SwagBags for our guests, 6 local vegan & plant-based chefs which are 12oh7, Cafe Nutrition, Veg Nation, Chris Bertke, Adina's Vegan Cuisine, Three Brothers Cheeze, and a special contribution from one of the founding sponsors Hungry Planet.
Tickets are now available at our discount prices until November 7th!
College Admission (with valid college id)
General Admission $35
Children 12 & under $15
Tickets can be purchased at soulveganthanksliving.com
Maple Jalapeno Cornbread
1 1/2 ground flaxseeds accompanied with 3-4 Tbsp of water
3/4 cup of Almond Milk
1 tsp of lemon juice
1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
3/4 cup of Fine Yellow Cornmeal
3/4 cup of Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1/3 cup of soy-free Earth Balance Butter
1/2 cup Maple Syrup
1 tsp chopped fresh jalapeno (seeds removed)
1/2 tsp salt
Coconut oil for greasing baking dish.
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Grease desired baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Take almond milk and place in small bowl, add lemon juice.
3. In another bowl prepare flax egg by adding water to ground flax seeds.
4. Melt butter in small sauce pan, once melted add maple syrup & chopped jalapeno.
5. In a separate large bowl add flour, cornmeal, and salt.
6. With the bowl of almond milk add the baking soda. A little sizzle should be heard.
7. Combine melted butter with syrup, jalapenos, almond milk, and flax egg into the large bowl with flour and cornmeal. Mix well. The mix should be thin and a bit lumpy.
8. Lightly grease baking dish before adding cornbread mix.
9. Add batter to baking dish, and bake for 30-40 minutes.
10. Stick a toothpick in the center to make sure it comes out clean.
Enjoy, Buen Provecho!!