ST. LOUIS — Spooky Monster Fingers
(Makes approx. 4 dozen “fingers”)
2 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) softened, unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon food coloring (color of your choice!)
24 slivered almonds
1 cup red colored jam/jelly
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or grease.
2) Combine dry ingredients.
3) Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the softened butter and sugar together until fluffy. At least a couple of minutes
4) Add egg, vanilla and food coloring. Beat until well combined.
5) Slowly add in the dry ingredients until dough forms.
6) Using about ½-1 tablespoons (depending on how big you want your monster fingers) worth of dough at a time, role the dough between your hands into fingers, size of the fingers is up to you!
7) Place fingers on cookie sheet. At the top of each finger press a slivered almond on for the “finger nail.”
8) Add knuckles below the “nail” and about half way down the finger.
9) Bake 7-10 minutes.
10)Serve with your favorite flavor jam or jelly. Preferably, red in color. Our favorite is homemade strawberry!