3 Cups Warm Whole Milk
4 Whole Eggs
5 Tsp Dry Active Yeast
1 Cup Homemade Sweet Potato Puree* (option to use caned puree)
3 Lbs All Purpose Flour
4 oz Sugar
1 Tbsp Salt
1/2 Lb Butter
Sweet Potato Puree:
4 Large Peeled Sweet Potatoes
1/2 Gallon of Water
1/2 Lb Soft Butter
1/2 Lb Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Lb Cream Cheese
1/4 Lb Butter
1/2 Lb Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla
- Instructions for sweet potato puree: Boil peeled 4 large sweet potatoes in water until tender remove from water and blend in food processor until smooth.
- Instructions for dough: Mix together in a Kitchen Aid Mixer milk, eggs, yeast, and potato puree.
- Add flour, sugar and salt. Mix on low.
- Soften butter and add 1 tablespoon at a time to mixer as it mixes on low speed.
- Allow dough to proof in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Instructions for filling: Mix together in a Kitchen Aid Mixer the soft butter, brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Instructions for frosting: Mix together in a Kitchen Aid Mixer cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Instructions for assembling rolls:
- Roll out dough to 1 inch thick.
- Spread with filling and roll into a tight log.
- Cut cinnamon rolls to 2” thick and arrange evenly in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes
- Let rolls cool, frost, and enjoy!
More Recipes from Show Me St. Louis:
RELATED: Recipe of the Day: Vinegar Pie
RELATED: Recipe of the Day: Pumpkin Trifle
RELATED: Recipe of the Day: Penne al Pomodoro
RELATED: Recipe of the Day: Gingerbread Cake