LAKE ST LOUIS, Mo. — Talk about decorations St. Louisans have been dying to do for years now.
The Lloyd family in Lake St. Louis used the Blues’ Stanley Cup victory as the inspiration for the Halloween decorations in their front yard.
They have a cape-wearing skeleton hoisting an inflatable Stanley Cup.
But they took the not-so-spooky, but equally amazing decorations a step further.
Instead of the typical Halloween tombstones that have corny names like ‘Doug McGrave’ and ‘Eileen Dover’, the family placed graves for each of the teams the Blues beat on their way to Stanley Cup glory.
The Jets, the Stars, the Sharks and the Bruins are all represented—each with their own grave.
Thanks to Mike Lloyd for sharing his family’s creative Halloween decorations with 5 On Your Side. If you have fun, spooky, scary, unique or crazy Halloween decorations you want us to see (and possibly feature!), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos: Halloween decorations celebrate Blues' Stanley Cup championship
More stories you might like:
- Spooky St. Louis: Exploring the haunted history of our town
- Spooky Season party ideas for the Halloween lover
- You have to sign a 40-page waiver and have a safe word before entering the 'world's scariest haunted house'
- Where to find the Halloween pop-up bar in St. Louis
- Halloweentown is real, and it's in the Pacific Northwest