ST. LOUIS — How long do you keep your Christmas tree up and lit?
Just in case you're already thinking about taking it down, we wanted you to know of a few places where you could go to drop off trees starting Saturday.
Beginning Saturday, December 26, bare Christmas trees can be dropped off at these City parks:
- Forest Park – lower Muny parking lot
- O'Fallon Park YMCA – southwest corner of parking lot
- Carondelet Park – between maintenance yard gate & recycling area at Grand & Holly Hills
The Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department selected drop-off recycling locations in the central, northern, and southern portions of the City to be as convenient as possible for residents.
Bare Christmas trees will be accepted through Sunday, January 10, 2021. They will be ground into free mulch that will then be available to City residents at the same three locations.
St. Charles County Recycle Works
- Recycle Works Central, 60 Triad South in St. Charles
- Recycle Works West, 2110 East Pitman Avenue in Wentzville
- Both locations are open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Dec. 28 to Jan. 9 — closed Jan. 1–3
- Please Note: Holiday light strands, cardboard boxes, wrapping paper, electronics and other materials can be recycled at Recycle Works facilities. For information on all materials accepted at these facilities, please call 636-949-1800 or visit sccmo.org/RecycleWorks.
Additional Tree Collection Locations in St. Charles County
- Founders Park, #7 Freymuth Road in Lake Saint Louis Open Dec. 26 – Jan. 11 during posted park hours.
- Quail Ridge Park, 560 Interstate Drive (Group Picnic Area parking lot) in Wentzville Open 7 a.m. to sunset, daily, Dec. 26 – Jan. 12
- Progress Park, 968 Meyer Road (parking lot) in Wentzville Open Dec. 26 – Jan. 15 during posted park hours.
- Heartland Park, 100 William Dierberg Drive in Wentzville Open Dec. 26 – Jan. 15 during posted park hours.
- Rotary Park, 2577 W. Meyer Road in Wentzville Open Jan 9-15 during posted park hours.