ST. LOUIS — Five of six area Gordmans stores will close "in the near future," the owner of the chain said Thursday.
The following Gordmans will close:
- 235 Arnold Crossroads Center in Arnold;
- 687 Gravois Bluffs Blvd. in Fenton;
- 2259 Missouri State Highway K in O'Fallon, Missouri;
- 1355 Bass Pro Drive in St. Charles;
- 81 Ludwig Drive in Fairview Heights, Illinois.
The Gordmans store in Crystal City will remain open, Houston-based Stage Stores (NYSE: SSI), which owns Gordmans, said.
Retail Dive reported Wednesday that Stage has laid off corporate staffers this week, including buyers in its merchandising operations. The publication also said Stage planned to close 60 Gordmans stores, as well as 10 department stores that were slated to become Gordmans locations. That was to be on top of 40 stores Stage targeted for closure last fall.
The Wall Street Journal earlier this month reported that Stage Stores was preparing for a financial restructuring that could include a bankruptcy filing.
Gordmans sells clothing and home goods.
Click here for more from the St. Louis Business Journal.
More Local News
- Washington University researchers working on coronavirus vaccine
- Players battle in Pokémon Regional Championships in Collinsville
- Pi Pizzeria looks to expand nationwide through franchising
- St. Louis County doctor sentenced for prescribing drugs without examining patients
- Authorities looking for more victims after couple charged with sex crimes in Lake of the Ozarks area
- Kids can get free meals during Saint Louis Public Schools spring break