ST. LOUIS — St. Louis-based health care tech company Lumeris has laid off an undisclosed number of workers following an acquisition earlier this week.
Essence Healthcare, an affiliate of Lumeris, announced a deal Monday to acquire Mutual of Omaha Medicare Advantage Co. and Medicare Advantage Co. of Omaha, according to a release. Terms were not disclosed.
The Mutual of Omaha subsidies own Medicare Advantage businesses in Cincinnati, San Antonio, Dallas, Denver and El Paso. The subsidiaries’ plans are managed and operated by Lumeris, which will continue to do so until the deal is closed.
Lumeris Vice President of Marketing and Communications Marcus Gordon in an email said the company would retool some segments following the acquisition.
v said Gordon, who declined to give a total number of jobs cut. “These changes will have no impact on the services we provide physicians and consumers in St. Louis to deliver better health care outcomes.”
Lumeris’ deal for the Mutual of Omaha segments is expected to close by mid-2020.
Click here for more stories from the St. Louis Business Journal.
More Local News
- Scuffle at Ferguson City Council meeting caught on camera
- ‘You just have to be aware’ | Gun range owner on importance of safety and training after Maryland Heights shooting
- 'I really do believe it' | CBD craze booms despite lack of regulation
- St. Louis attorney to challenge Gardner for Circuit Attorney
- Where St. Louis ranks among hottest metros for jobs