ST. LOUIS — If you’re a registered nurse, have experience in security, or want to work in the entertainment industry, three major employers are looking to hire this week at a job fair.
On-the-spot interviews will be held at an Argosy Casino Alton job fair Wednesday, Jan. 18. It runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Argosy Casino Annex Building at 410 Piasa Street in Alton, Illinois.
Walk-ins are welcome.
From entry-level to leadership roles, the casino is looking to fill various positions. Full and part-time dealers positions are also being scouted.
Dealer school begins the week of Jan. 23. In addition, there’s a $500 bonus for those who are hired.
Workers who apply to be dealers must pass an audition and then be scheduled to work on the floor for the bonus to be paid.
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age (some roles require you to be at least 21 years of age)
• High school diploma or equivalent
Transportation Security Administration filling open positions at St. Louis Lambert International Airport
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is hiring TSA officers to work at St. Louis Lambert International Airport.
It will host an in-person hiring event Wednesday, Jan. 11. It runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Missouri Job Center, Northwest Crossings, 715 NW Plaza Drive in St. Ann, MO 63074.
These jobs come with $1000 signing bonuses. Full and part-time positions are available.
You’ll screen baggage and passengers at the airport, perform searches and control entry and exit points in the terminals
- Operating various screening equipment and technology to identify dangerous objects in baggage, cargo, and on passengers, and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircraft.
- Performing searches and screening, which may include physical interaction with passengers (e.g., pat-downs, search of property, etc.), conducting bag searches, and lifting/carrying bags, bins, and property weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Controlling terminal entry and exit points.
- Interacting with the public, giving directions, and responding to inquiries.
- Maintaining focus and awareness while working in a stressful environment which includes noise from alarms, machinery and people, crowd distractions, time pressure, and disruptive and angry passengers, in order to preserve the professional ability to identify and locate potentially life-threatening or mass destruction devices, and to make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
- Engaging in continuous development of critical thinking skills, necessary to mitigate actual and potential security threats, by identifying, evaluating, and applying appropriate situational options and approaches. This may include application of risk-based security screening protocols that vary based on program requirements.
- Retaining and implementing knowledge of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or unexpected obstacles.
- 18 years or older
- U.S. citizen or national
- High school diploma, GED, or security experience equivalent
- No previous security experience is required
Free parking is available.
You can RSVP and schedule a time slot here.
SSM Health hiring registered nurses for its rehabilitation hospitals
SSM Health is hiring registered nurses to work at its rehabilitation hospitals.
It’s hosting an in-person hiring event Tuesday, Jan. 17, from 10 a.m. to noon at St. Mary’s Hospital, 1027 Bellevue Avenue, third floor, in Richmond Heights.
These jobs pay $35 to $55 dollars an hour, a $20 thousand dollar signing bonus, and other benefits.
You must hold a valid state RN license to apply.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long-Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Tuition Assistance up to $5000 a year after your first full year of employment
- Clinical Ladder programs vary per location
- This position qualifies for our Loan Repayment Assistance program- full-time employees are eligible after their first 90 days
As an RN at one of our medical rehabilitation hospitals, you will work with an interdisciplinary team of clinicians. You will work closely with other clinicians including therapists – physical, occupational, and speech-language Pathologists. On each shift, you will partner with a Nursing Assistant partner and handle a manageable caseload. Together, everyone will help our patients achieve outlined goals and milestones on their individual patient care plans.
- Receiving admissions and/or transfers.
- Initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Timely and accurate documentation using EPIC
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs and telemetry.
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Instructing and counseling patients/families.
- Valid State RN License required.
- BLS required at hire.
Find out more here.