ST. LOUIS — A 16-year-old boy has died in a shooting that left another man injured early Sunday morning in St. Louis.
Officers responded at 2:15 a.m. to the 1300 block of Hogan in the Carr Square neighborhood in north city. When officers got to the scene, they found the teenager dead in a parking lot suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
He was identified Sunday afternoon as Jason Eberhart, of the 5000 block of Tennessee.
Later, an 18-year-old man arrived at an area hospital with gunshot wound to his buttock. Police have not released his condition, but he is stable.
St. Louis police are investigating this as a first-degree murder case. They have not released any further details at this time.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Homicide Division directly at 314-444-5371, or anyone with a tip who wants to remain anonymous and is interested in a reward can contact CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477).
Top stories people are reading right now:
- Loved ones react after 23-year-old man admits to firing shot that killed 7-year-old
- The facts on children and teens killed by firearms
- NFL running back, former Longhorn Cedric Benson killed in West Austin motorcycle crash
- St. Louis County priest already deemed sexually violent sentenced again
- Human trafficking routinely happens in plain sight. Parents are missing the signs.
- 'My mom was our everything' | Family speaks out after woman is killed in hit and run in Pontoon Beach